5 Common Types of Auto Accidents
The world has grown busier than it was even a decade ago. People hastily hustling through their busy schedules often meet with motor vehicle accidents, which have become increasingly common. Automobile accidents can happen for many reasons, but carelessness and negligence are often the culprit. If you are injured in a car accident, you can pursue a claim to recover damages that you suffered as a result of the crash. In this article, we will discuss the most common type of auto accidents that occur:
- Side-impact collisions: A side-impact collision can occur when one vehicle crashes into another vehicle from the side. These types of side-impact accidents most commonly occur when the front of one vehicle crashes into the side of another vehicle. A side-impact collision can be avoided if drivers carefully look both ways at oncoming traffic when at an intersection, especially if there is a stop sign. It is important that drivers not assume that all other vehicles on the road abiding by the rules. If you become involved in a side-impact collision, auto accident lawyers can take up your case, identify evidence, and help you seek compensation for your losses.
- Crashes while merging: These types of accidents commonly occur where two lanes merge together and one vehicle crashes into another. This kind of collision often results from drivers who drive negligently and fail to check their blind spots before changing the lanes. Checking one’s blind spot is always essential when merging. Drivers should also avoid speeding in areas where merging takes place.
- Head-on crashes: Head-on crashes are one of the most dangerous kinds of traffic accidents. These accidents are often caused by drunken-driving or other driver impairments, such as medical emergencies and extreme fatigue. Head-on crashes can involve two vehicles, a vehicle and an animal, a vehicle and a tree, or a vehicle and any other fixed obstacles. In a head-on collision, a vehicle hits another object from the front. They can also be caused by driver distraction or animals in the road.
- Multi-vehicle crashes: Multi-vehicle crashes involve three or more motor vehicles. The types and severity of injury resulting from these accidents vary widely depending on the situation. The cars involved in the accident may incur multiple impacts from different angles. In some cases, these accidents result in multiple fatalities, but others result in no injuries or very minor injuries. It is especially difficult to avoid a multi-vehicle accident because, most of the time, they occur as part of a chain reaction caused by one or more negligent drivers. However, keeping one’s attention on the road while driving and being sure to leave enough space between your car and the car in front of you may decrease your chances of being seriously harmed in an accident involving multiple vehicles.
- Rear-end crashes. According to data released by the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, rear-end crashes occur very frequently and account for about 29% of all motor vehicle accidents in the United States. These types of accidents usually happen at traffic lights or other situations when a vehicle must stop quickly and the vehicle behind it does not have enough time to properly react. In this type of accident, the driver that hits the car in front of it is generally considered to be negligent. If you are involved in a rear-end crash, speaking with an experienced auto accident lawyer can be a great help.
Nothing can guarantee that you will avoid involvement in a motor vehicle accident. If you are in a car crash, you may also potentially suffer a personal injury as a result of the accident. If another party’s negligence caused the accident that resulted in your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation from the party at fault.
You can reach out to a Los Angeles personal injury lawyer to review your case and help you determine the appropriate amount of compensation that you can seek from the party at fault. Because car crashes can have such devastating consequences, both for your physical and financial health, you should never leave your compensation unclaimed. With the help of an experienced attorney, you can pursue claims for compensation relating to the personal losses that you were forced to bear as a result of the accident. As soon as you can, contact our car accident lawyers to learn how you can claim your accident compensation.